Click here to view high resolution photos
3 Car Capacity — Lounge with bathroom
6,000 lb Capacity Liftgate, Adjustable Interior Decks, Generator, Air Compressor, Air Conditioning, Bathroom, Storage, 110/220, Interior/Exterior Lighting, Awning, Observation Deck, Etc.
Stored indoors since new — Only 50,000 miles
Motorcoach registration (Commercial license NOT required)
Concept Transporters has never been known for building the average, the minimum, or the basic. When Bruce Canepa founded the company, he envisioned bringing his design skills and intense attention to detail to the trucking/transportation industry. With decades of working with major automotive and truck manufacturers, and clients asking for projects that few could undertake and bring to reality, Concept Transporters has become synonymous with forward-thinking, design, quality, ingenuity, and utility.
Bruce’s vision was to create the ultimate straight truck vehicle transporter to fulfill the demands of transportation for multiple specialty vehicles to race or show events with the added luxury of having an upscale lounge within the fully enclosed van body.
Concept Transporters masterfully conducted the fabrication of a custom truck chassis and cab with walkthrough capabilities to the highest standard. For increased storage, the luxury lounge was designed to have a ceiling that lowers to provide for the transport of a third vehicle. Inside this lounge, you will find deluxe accommodations from custom cabinetry and leather sofas, audio/visual equipment, upscale lighting, bathroom, and an air-conditioning/heater system. The shop area features ample lighting, laminated tongue and groove hardwood floors, and custom Lista cabinets along the roadside wall. Other features include a 6,000lb hydraulic liftgate, air compressor package, electrical package, deluxe 20kw generator package, observation deck, enclosed awning package (including awning extensions), Concept custom exterior storage compartments, and extensive other options listed below.
Custom 387 Peterbilt Cab and Chassis:
• Caterpillar C13 engine (445hp)
• Eaton Fuller Ultrashift 10 speed Automatic Transmission
• Dana Spicer 40,000lb rear axles
• 13,200lb capacity front axle.
• Full air suspension on rear axles, tapered leaf spring on front axle.
• Air brakes with automatic slack adjusters.
• Air dryer.
• (2) 150gallon fuel tanks.
• 295/75R 22.5 Tires on aluminum wheels.
• Power windows and door locks.
• Top of the line Peterbilt instrumentation cluster.
Modifications to Truck Chassis and Cab:
• Stretched frame and wheelbase to 334"
• Disassembled cab structure and cut away sleeper assembly behind cab seating area.
• Engineered and fabricated back of cab framework and wall with walk-through capability.
• Modified cab frame and floor to meet box floor.
• Painted new rear section of cab matching base color of truck (Grey)
• Fabricated “cab to box” interface seal with double rain gutters.
• Fabricated, fit, and install truck frame extensions to rear of truck frame.
• Installed truck frame crossmembers and extend wiring to rear of frame.
• Painted all truck frame modifications black.
• Modify lower front ferrings and mounting brackets.
• Relocated air dryer to a higher mounting location on the frame.
• Removed factory battery box compartment and rewire batteries for location in new custom battery box.
• Fabricated and install (1) new custom battery box for all (4) truck batteries.
• Fabricated custom truck exhaust system to exit out the drivers’ side just in front of rear axle.
• Ceramic coated last section of exhaust.
• Custom rear suspension modifications to properly level coach side to side.
Upgrades to Truck Cab Interior:
• Navigation head unit with fully motorized 6.5” touch sensitive screen.
• Rear view camera.
• Full navigation system with East and West coast DVDs.
• Removed all faux wood grain interior trim and dash panels, refinish to silver aluminum look and reinstall.
• Removed factory carpet, fabricated and installed cover over exposed shifter block off plate, fit and install new sound insulating foam and new carpet to match lounge interior.
• Removed factory door panels, fabricate new leather and carpet panels to match lounge interior.
• Fabricated and fit new interior panels (walls and ceiling) from seats to back of cab. Cover panels with fabric to match lounge interior.
• Fabricated and install (2) stainless steel clothes rods behind driver and passenger seats.
• Fabricated and install cab-to-chassis flexible boot and cover with fabric to match lounge interior.
Concept Fully Enclosed Van Body:
• Overall dimensions: 33’-2” long x 121-1/2” tall x 102” wide.
• Inside dimensions: 387-3/4” long x 114” tall x 99” wide.
• “Rivetless” exterior construction.
• Lightweight perimeter steel frame.
• High tensile steel I-beam crossmembers.
• Formed aluminum exterior wall construction.
• Heavy duty galvanized steel slotted logistic posts in walls in shop area.
• Custom extruded aluminum upper rails.
• Cast aluminum radius front corner caps.
• Reinforced front wall with integrated pass-through opening.
• Heavy duty rear door frame.
• Integrated rear roll-up door with nickel plated hardware.
• 1-1/8” Laminated tongue and groove hardwood floor.
• Cut-out for integrated side entry stairs.
Concept Custom Belly Box Package:
• (3) Custom formed aluminum belly boxes with integrated 4” lower radius:
o Curbside front box: 120” long x 31” deep x 28-3/4” tall.
o Curbside rear box: 88” long x 31” deep x 28-3/4” tall (w/ partial sloped bottom.)
o Roadside rear box: behind generator to rear of van body.
• Full spray on Line-X lining inside boxes.
• Full perimeter seal on each door.
• Vinyl (White) covered continuous stainless steel hinges.
• Reinforced bottom pans.
• Exterior drains.
• Custom formed aluminum doors with integrated locking hardware and gas strut stays.
• Roadside of truck to have matching doors, lower radius, and all supporting framework.
Concept 6,000lb Capacity Hydraulic Liftgate:
• 163” 3/16” smooth aluminum load surface.
• Lightweight steel frame platform construction with integrated radius vertical corners.
• Rivetless .090 aluminum exterior skin.
• (6) Recessed LED taillights.
• 54” Aluminum flip-over tapered transition ramp.
• Low maintenance “greaseless” UHMW covered slide tubes.
• Formed steel header with (6) LED clearance lights.
• Custom hydraulic power unit with (1) 12V motor/pump and (1) 220V motor/pump for liftgate operation.
• Custom hydraulic oil reservoir tank.
• Master disconnect switches and in-line circuit breakers.
• Wireless remote operation with a secondary wired control box with extension cord.
• Nylon load and closing chain covers.
• Nickel plated chain clevis links and grab bars.
• Provisions for (2) license plates.
• Liftgate and flip over load surfaces coated with Spray-on Line-X Liner.
Concept Custom Side Access Door Package:
• 37” x 84” Custom formed aluminum side access door.
• Coach style hardware with interior and exterior access handles.
• Full perimeter seal.
• Custom formed stainless steel access stairs.
• Custom removable stainless steel additional side step.
• Stainless steel continuous hinge with internal compression seal.
• Rain gutter.
Concept Custom Interior Movable Ball Screw Decks:
• (2) Independently operated internal ball-screw decks.
• Rear deck approximately 18’ long.
• Front deck approximately 14’ long.
• Front of rear deck to have cut-out in center to allow for access above decks.
• Smooth 3/16” aluminum load surface on both decks.
• Rivetless pre-painted white aluminum ceiling with recessed fluorescent lighting under rear deck.
• Lounge finish ceiling with recessed lighting and speakers under front deck.
• (4) Rows of surface mounted V-track #4 aircraft style cargo tie-down tracks per deck: (2) rows 30” apart down center and (2) rows at deck edges.
• Full perimeter brushed stainless perimeter trim.
• Powder coated ball screw support columns and mounts.
• Custom ball screws with full bearing support.
• 90deg. Gearboxes, gear reduction boxes, drive motors, and brakes integrated within floor sub frame.
• Limit switches in both directions.
• Wired remote operation with multiple safety features.
• All controls and electrical components installed in a box mounted in curbside front belly box.
Main Floor Interior Upgrades:
• 1” Rigid foam insulation in walls and ceiling.
• Double layer sound barrier mat installed between floor and sub frame.
• White composite panels between logistic posts in shop area.
• Rivetless pre-painted white aluminum ceiling.
• All screw holes filled in wood floor.
• High durability floor finish; floor sanded smooth, one coat of special penetrating hardwood floor sealer and two coats of oil modified polyurethane hardwood floor finish (satin.)
• (4) Rows of recessed V-track aircraft style cargo tie-down tracks: (2) rows 30” apart down center and (2) rows at floor edges installed over maximum length of main floor.
Deluxe Generator Package:
• 20kW water-cooled diesel generator mounted in rear roadside belly box area.
• Steel frame support structure.
• In-line circuit breaker.
• Custom air bag mounting option with two regulators. Air bags tied into air compressor system to keep bag maintained at proper height.
• Fuel lines (supply and return) installed from truck tanks to generator.
• Remote start stop panel installed in electrical control panel just inside side access door.
Deluxe Electrical Package:
• 100-amp electrical distribution panel located in curbside front belly box.
• 3000W Inverter and battery charger with 30amp sub-panel. Inverter wired to TV, all lounge outlets, (1) shop outlet, all fluorescent lights, and provisions for awning.
• Custom built stainless steel cover surrounding electrical distribution panels.
• 100-amp automatic transfer switch.
• All electrical components: Inverter, main electrical panel, sub panel, and (2) electrical component enclosures mounted in Curbside front belly box.
• (1) Electrical enclosure box contains: Transfer switch, ball screw deck control circuits, wireless controls, and termination strips.
• (1) Electrical enclosure box contains: All 12V circuit fuses, all light transformers, controls for collapsible wall, remote battery disconnect switch solenoid, electrical table pedestal, and termination strips for switch leg circuits.
• All electrical wiring done in liquid tight conduit and concealed wherever possible.
• Electrical provision and circuit protection for all components.
• Custom stainless steel switch panel mounted inside in front of side access door containing: All fluorescent light switches, side and load light switches, air compressor switch, air compressor gauge, deck and collapsible lounge wall safety switch, roof vent switch, generator remote start panel with gauges, inverter control panel, 12V master disconnect with LED indicator light, (1) 110V outlet, and switch for LED accent lights in stairs.
• (8) Corner mount 4’ fluorescent 2-tube lights: (4) per side, spaced evenly.
• (3) Surface mount 4’ fluorescent 2-tube lights recessed in underside of rear deck.
• (2) Load lights mounted at rear of body.
• (3) T-slot mounted exterior work lights and dual circuit 110V outlets on curbside.
• (2) Automatic powered roof vents with rain sensors installed in roof.
• (3) Interior 110V receptacles: (1) duplex outlet in front of side door, (1) plug strip behind side door on deck column, (1) plug strip behind rear deck column.
• (1) 220V plug in front curbside belly box.
• (2) Exterior 110V outlets on curbside: (1) in front of first belly box door, (1) behind rear belly box.
• 2 ton A/C with heat pump. Ducting installed in lounge and restroom. A/C evaporator mounted in roadside belly storage area, condenser mounted between truck frame rails behind rear axles.
• 50-amp Shore power plug located in front of curbside front belly box.
• 25’ Shore power cord with receptacle one end.
• (4) 110V duplex receptacles throughout lounge.
• Low voltage recessed lighting in lounge.
• Low voltage recessed lighting and vent fan in restroom.
• All required electrical for stereo system, TV, and complete entertainment system.
• Flexible track with all required electrical for components mounted in ceiling of lounge (bottom of front ball screw deck.)
• Coiled cord with strained relief mounting provisions and all required electrical for fluorescent lights in bottom of rear deck.
• Electrical provision and circuit protection for all components.
Air Compressor Package:
• 3-Hp air compressor with 20-gallon tank.
• Air compressor mounted between truck frame rails at rear.
• Air tank mounted on under side entry stairs.
• Custom “soft start” feature for air compressor that relieves head pressure and allows for low amperage starting.
• (2) Interior quick couplers: Curbside shop floor.
• (2) Exterior quick couplers: Curbside; (1) behind front belly box door, (1) behind rear belly box.
• Connection to generator air bag system.
• (2) 25’ air hoses and (1) 50’ air hosed with couplers.
Deluxe Lounge Accommodations With Collapsible Walls:
• Custom designed and built lounge with collapsible walls and folding doors to allow the ceiling to travel 19” down. Collapsible wall controlled by wireless remote.
• Approximately 10’ in length.
• All cabinetry commercial style custom construction with high quality custom Laminate finish.
• Color coordinated hand fitted and applied textured wall and ceiling covering.
• Commercial grade color coordinated rubber tile floor covering.
• (2) Radius corner single sliding tinted windows with sliding screens: (1) each on curbside and roadside.
• Blinds on both windows.
• (1) Full length row of upper storage cabinets above curbside window.
• (1) Full length row of upper storage cabinets above roadside window.
• 24” tall x 24” wide storage cabinet with solid surface top at front of lounge on curbside wall. This cabinet will contain all of the audio and video components for the lounge.
• (1) Custom leather sofa located along curbside wall.
• (1) 24” tall x 24” wide storage cabinet with solid surface top to the rear of the sofa on the curbside.
• (1) 12” wide 3-drawer storage cabinet with solid surface top at front of lounge on roadside wall.
• (1) Custom leather sofa along roadside wall.
• (1) Solid surface curved table top on electrical pedestal in front of roadside sofa. Pedestal switch located just behind roadside sofa top.
• (1) Full length row of upper storage cabinets above roadside window.
• Audio / Visual equipment including the following: Tracking Satellite system, (5) Disc CD changer, CD player with AM/ FM tuner, DVD player, (2) Wireless headphones, and auxiliary jacks for video game controllers.
• (2) Circuits of low voltage lighting recessed in lounge ceiling. Switches mounted on face of cabinet at lounge entry from shop.
• (3) 110V outlets in lounge: (1) behind roadside sofa top and (2) in curbside sofa base.
• 2-Ton A/C / Heater system ducted throughout lounge area: (1) outlet in restroom (base of curved wall), outlets in backside of roadside and curbside sofas, Thermostat mounted on lounge wall next to entry door.
Attached Bathroom and Complete Water System:
• Custom collapsible bathroom wall.
• Toilet, sink, storage cabinet, mirrored wall, carpet, etc.
• Instant hot water heater mounted inside sink cabinet.
• Water storage tanks and pump to be mounted in roadside belly box area.
• Water monitor panel to be mounted within restroom.
• Exhaust fan.
• 12V water pump.
• 50gallon fresh water tank.
• 28gallon grey water tank.
• 28gallon custom aluminum black water tank.
• All water tanks and pump mounted in roadside belly storage area.
• (2) Water hose bibs: (1) located in front of curbside front belly box, (1) located in roadside belly storage area.
• All tank drains located in roadside belly storage area.
• Grey and Black water clean out ports.
• Fresh water fill port.
• Water tank drain tube and custom mounting enclosure.
Shop Area Upgrades:
• 2-way 7cu.ft. Dometic refrigerator in customer laminate enclosure.
• (5) Custom Lista cabinets along roadside wall.
Custom Additions and Accessories:
• Brushed stainless steel trim full perimeter shop interior trim.
• Black non-script rear mud flaps.
• LED full perimeter lighting – ICC lights, taillights, marker lights, etc.
• (2) Fire extinguishers: (1) mounted against curbside wall just inside side door, (1) mounted in front wall of front curbside belly box.
• Rear mounted Heavy Duty Skid Rollers.
• Custom exterior removable workbench: (Mounts on exterior above truck rear axles and hangs on interior wall for storage.) The bench mounts with supports that extend from under fenderwell, no legs extend to the ground.
• Vehicle loading safety blocks (wheel stops.)
• (24) Vehicle ratchet straps, axle straps, motorcycle straps, Ancra tie downs, E-to-D straps, bungee cords, etc.
• (6) Furniture blankets.
Concept Custom Awning:
• Concept custom 32’-8” long x 20’ projection full race style awning system with optional front 10’ extension in front of cab. (Awning can be set up with or without awning extension.
• Full clear anodized aluminum tube framework.
• White lightweight awning canvas with full sidewalls.
• 110V outlets for fans and lights integrated within center rafter poles. Matching 110V outlets matched in side wall of transporter.
• Full awning canvas bag and pole bag storage system.
• Main rafter pole storage brackets inside transporter.
• All mounting hardware installed on transporter.
Concept Custom Observation Deck Package:
• Concept custom 20’ observation deck system installed on rear of truck body.
• Concept custom all round tube polished stainless steel observation deck folding rail system with billet aluminum pivot hinges.
• White observation deck top canopy cover.
• Custom aluminum folding stair system with integrated polished stainless steel handrails. (2) stairs: (1) from ground to liftgate and (1) from liftgate to roof.
• Storage brackets for handrails and stairs to store inside shop area.
Custom Exterior Paint:
• White single color exterior paint with custom 2-color graphics.
• Complete exterior color sanded and polished.