Click here to view high resolution photos
Coveted and Rare Split-Window Design
6.2L Supercharged LT4 V8 Engine / 650 H.P.
6 Speed Manual Transmission
Brushed Nickel Plating
Bespoke Leather Custom Interior
Hand-formed Aluminum Dash and Console
Nardi Wood Steering Wheel
Extensive List of Upgrades
This isn't a car for the purists, the faint-hearted, or the Sunday cruisers. This is the Roadster Shop's 1963 Chevrolet Corvette “Fastback”, and it was built for those who worship at the altar of vintage aesthetics but refuse to be shackled by them. For those who want something with borderline excessive power, a car that respects its past while embracing the future. With its impeccable blending of aesthetic and performance, this ride doesn’t just turn heads – it spins them right around.
Unveiled at SEMA 2017, it was conceived by owner Mark See, along with Jeremy Gerber and Chris Gray at the Roadster Shop. While the body of this beast may stay true to its 1963 roots –don’t let its unaltered silhouette fool you. Beneath its classic curves throbs the heart of a monster.
A GM LT4 engine, no less, packing a punch with 650 horsepower and an equal measure of torque. Paired with a Tremec T-56 Magnum 6-speed transmission and a Tilton 6000 Hydro Throw Out bearing, this Corvette is not just about the show – it’s about go. And let’s talk about that symphony of power – an under-car 3" stainless steel exhaust system with Borla Side Pipes and QTEC60 cutouts. This isn't just an exhaust note; it’s an anthem.
The chassis? A masterpiece. Powder-coated Roadster Shop Fast Track with IRS, hugged tight by Penske "RS Edition" performance coilovers. It’s a ride that’s as smooth as it is dynamic. And when it’s time to stop – Baer brakes ensure that you can enjoy all that power…repeatedly.
Perched on Forgeline Custom RS6 wheels with a center lock kit and 3 bar spinner, wrapped in Michelin Pilot Super Sports, shaved and relettered for a vintage Firestone look. Another nod to the past but with its eyes firmly on the present.
The first thing that greets you as you open the door is the Nardi Wood steering wheel – a perfect contrast against the black leather upholstery and dark grey floor liner, all meticulously crafted by Avent-Garde in Palm City Florida. With white stitching and quilted leather accents, this interior is what your nostalgic dreams were made of. And the sound system? Let’s just say the JL Audio gives the engine a run for its money.
The Roadster Shop's 1963 Corvette “Fastback” isn’t just a car. It's a journey back in time with a jetpack strapped to its back. It respects its lineage, but it's not afraid to blaze its own trail.
Built Summary Notes
• Body: Original, no body modifications
• Color: PPG Deltron DMD1683/GL, PPG NXT Premium Glamour Clearcoat
• Plating: Brushed Nickel Plating by Advanced Plating
• Chassis: Powder Coated Roadster Shop Fast Track with IRS, Penske "RS Edition" performance coilovers, Strange Engineering Ford 9" housing S/S 31 spline axles
• Brakes: Baer
• Engine: GM LT4 650 hp, 650 lb-ft
• Transmission: Tremec T-56 Magnum, Tilton 6000 Hydro Throw Out bearing
• Clutch: McLeod RST Twin Disc
• Wheels: Forgeline Custom RS6 with center lock kit and 3 bar spinner
• Tires: Michelin Pilot Super Sport, shaved and relettered to vintage Firestone, Front: 265/19, Rear: 345/19
• Exhaust: Under car 3" S/S with Borla, Side Pipes with QTEC60 cutouts
• Steering: Power, Ididit Steering column, Nardi Wood steering wheel
• Wiring: American Autowire Harness
• Air Conditioning: Vintage Air Mini Gen II w/ Def Drier
• Lights: Detroit Electric HeadLight Door Kit
• Gauges: Custom Dakota Digital VHX System
• Interior: Shipped to Avent-Garde in Palm City Florida
• Sound: JL Audio MX500/4 500 Watt Amplifier
Front Drive Assembly: CVF Racing Stealth Black LT4 mid mount Serpentine Kit, air conditioning, power steering, and alternator
• Clutches: McLeod - New set of twin disc clutches and Tilton Throw out bearing
• Spark Plugs: Brisk spark plugs and LS spark plug wire set
• Heat Shielding & Tubing: Upgraded
• Starter Shield: New GM LT series
• Cooling: PWM Fan Controller and 16" electric puller fan
• Hand Formed aluminum dash and console