DuPont Registry- McLaren P1 GTR: Bruce Canepa’s Track-Only Supercar
The exclusive track car of Bruce Canepa, the McLaren P1 GTR, is the most recent edition to The Canepa Collection. This track-only model is available exclusively to owners of the P1. Production of the GTR centered around the completion of the 375th McLaren P1– the final P1.
Thanks to its track-only status, the GTR pushes the limits. According to Canepa, the California-based dealership and car museum:
The mid-mounted twin-turbo V8 engine and electric powerplant have a combined output of 1,000PS (986bhp) and include an ERS-style push-to-pass system. The large fixed rear wing features a Formula 1-derived Drag Reduction System and the wing mirrors have been repositioned to the A pillars to put them closer to the eye line of the driver and reduce aerodynamic drag.
The fun is reserved for drivers only, though, as no passenger seat exists in the GTR.
Words by Nicole Slaughter-Graham
Photos provided by Canepa
- Canepa Shop Walk- Week of May 26th May 26, 2017
- Canepa Porsche 917 Engine Restoration May 25, 2017
- Canepa Shop Walk- Week of May 19th May 19, 2017
- Emerald Green 1988 Porsche 959 Canepa Generation III Upgrade- In Progress May 19, 2017
- Canepa Cars and Coffee- Day of the Dragster May 16, 2017